Saturday 9 September 2017

Aimee and Matt - Oxford Town Hall and Isis Farm House, Oxford

No, it's not me getting married, I promise!  As rare as it is to have another Aimee that's around my age, there are some of them out there.

I met with Aimee and Matt quite a while back to discuss their wedding in Oxford, and then we had a great pre-wedding shoot a couple of months ago, so I had a pretty good idea of the type of wedding I'd be photographing - one that was going to be full of giggles, a little quirky, and full of people that would make me feel like part of the wedding - I was not wrong!

I met with Aimee and Matt for their preparations at The Balkan Lodge Hotel, just outside of Oxford city centre. It was a great place for them to be getting ready, and you would not believe how many people can fit into one room for the bridal preparations! I found safety in the corners of the room!!!  The men found solace downstairs with some very fine whisky!  Aimee's hair and makeup was completed by the fabulous Lucy Beesley, who I have had the pleasure of working with many times.

Aimee arrived at The Oxford Town Hall in style, an old police car, which she knew would draw a tear or two from her Dad, a retired constable.  They had a beautiful ceremony, before ushering their friends and family down to the river to catch a boat for a lovely river boat cruise to Isis farm house, the venue for their evening reception.

The barn was beautifully decorated, with personal touches from the couple.  Drinks were served on the lawn, a mammoth supply of string confetti passed through the guests, hola hoops were enjoyed by all ages and the dancing was certainly entertaining!!
















































































No comments:

Post a Comment