Saturday 29 July 2017

Ashley and Ben - Brasenose College, Oxford

I had the very rare privilege of photographing a wedding at BrasenoseCollege in Oxford a few weeks ago. They don't hold many weddings at this venue, so it was lovely to be asked to photograph one.

I met Ashley and Ben some months ago, but it turns out we have crossed paths many times over our life.  Ben and I share mutual friends from iceskating days in Oxford and Ashley worked as a door woman for a pub I worked in during my Uni holidays in Kidlington.  So we've spent a lot of time reminiscing about people and stories.

Ashley and Ben both got ready at Brasenose, in different parts of the building, so I was able to photograph both of them preparing.  

Unfortunately I wasn't able to photograph in the chapel, but I was able to photograph Ashley's entrance and their exit and fortunate enough to be allowed to stay in the chapel to watch them marry... they exited to a lot of confetti!

After a very quick walk around Radcliffe Square, some group shots and candids in the blazing sun, the guests joined the Bride and Groom for dinner in the grand hall, followed by drinks and a party in the cellar bar, hosted by Ashley's Mum.

The AMAZING cake was made by my lovely friend, Karen, at Cakes by Kit.  



































































No comments:

Post a Comment