Saturday 12 January 2013

September and October portraits

It was a pretty lousy September and October weather wise, so there was a lot of rescheduling of photo sessions and finding well covered locations. So the few sessions I managed to get outside, in dry weather, were amazing!

The month started with Anna and Alan, an adorable couple who were so cuddly and giggly with each other that I didn't have to direct them at all.  I captured some beautiful shots of them simply being themselves around Kirtlington Village.  

I then had several baby photography sessions, with Gethin turning 6 months old, Jake being born and Ketura turning one.  Gethin and Jake both had natural lifestyle portraits inside, which is perfect for babies their age as they have plenty of their own toys around to keep them entertained. However, we were able to get out to Cutteslowe Park for Ketura's lifestyle session and with the amazing autumn leaves dropping, the colours were beautiful and vivid.

I met with Santana and David early one Saturday morning at Christchurch meadows in Oxford. We met so early that the morning fog was still present!  This made an amazing, yet slightly eery, backdrop to their pre-wedding photography session.  This was the first time I met with the couple, and we got on like a house on fire... I'm now very much looking forward to meeting them in Australia, where they are soon to emigrate to.

I met with Clare and Mike at Claydon House, Buckinghamshire.  It's a place that the couple have visited many times before, so was perfect for their pre-wedding photo shoot.  I loved the venue, with their beautiful views and quirky barn doors!  Clare and Mike were wonderful too, so natural and at ease around me, they were a pleasure to photograph.

I photographed Luke and Viv's pre-wedding photo shoot in late October. They opted for a studio style session at their home... they were so much fun to photograph, happy to jump on each other and act silly! I knew they would be fun on their wedding day too!

Finally, I was lucky enough to be able to visit Radley College in Abingdon to photograph Anne and Duncan's pre-wedding shoot.  We visited on a weekend, when the college was quiet and student-free, so were able to make use of the beautiful grounds on offer.  Anne and Duncan showed me some of their favourite places for their pre-wedding shoot, like the beautiful lake and the pavilion… I loved it!  I had lots of fun photographing Anne and Duncan, they are both confident thespians, so very easy to photograph and be around and can't wait to photograph their wedding in early 2013.




















No comments:

Post a Comment